Basic, standard broadband that can provide your business with access to the internet at a value price using your existing telephone copper wire connection, so therefore requires a PSTN analogue phone line
We will not usually install a VoIP or Hosted solution onto this type of connection unless usage will be low and it is dedicated to the phone solution.
Read more about our ADSL services here...
FTTC (Fibre To The Cabinet)
Fibre from the exchange to the green cabinet and then copper to you (so it also requires a PSTN analogue phone line) offers speeds that can exceed several times that of even the best standard broadband. More users can share it, big downloads are quicker and video conferencing is a more pleasurable experience.
- Speed: FTTC offers speeds of up to 76Mbps download and 20Mbps dependent on your location and shared usage.
- Cost: FTTC offers many of the features of a dedicated leased line at a fraction of the cost, providing improved performance for applications such as Virtual Private Networks (VPNs), Video Conferencing, File Transferring (FTP), Voice over IP (VOIP), cloud computing and so on.
- Added Value: on-going savings from utilising the available bandwidth for data and voice applications including VoIP and SIP for cheap or free phone calls.
Read more about our FTTC services here...
EFM (Ethernet First Mile)
Ethernet First Mile or an EFM circuit is an uncontended internet service over copper, rather than fibre. EFM Internet or EFM access direct, depending on location is likely to provide speeds up to 10Mb.
For companies that will need over 10Mb in the near future are best to choose a fibre leased line to allow them to scale their bandwidth when needed.
If your business needs consistent bandwidth but you can’t justify the cost of a leased line - or maybe you don't have the time to wait for dedicated lines to be installed - then EFM might be the right choice for you. With synchronous speeds of up to 16Mbps up and down, EFM uses your existing telephone copper wire to connect directly to a provider's Point of Presence as a direct Ethernet connection. If it’s available at your exchange it takes much less time to set up and is much cheaper than a leased line, but you still get the benefits of a dedicated broadband package without the usage slowdowns.
- Cost: EFM services can be considerably cheaper than Leased Lines
- Installation: EFM connections can be installed much faster than Leased Lines
- Speed: EFM provides symmetrical data bandwidths of up to 16Mb up and down.
- Flexibility: EFM can be used for a variety of applications such as Voice over IP (VOIP), File transfers (FTP), Streaming video, Cloud Computing, and Online Backups.
- Support: EFM is backed up by SLAs and 24/7 support.
FTTP (Fibre To The Premises)
Fibre to the Premises (FTTP) is a pure fibre connection from the exchange into your business, offering speeds of up to 1Gbps.
Read more about our FTTP services here...
If your business relies heavily on constant high speed access and you want to avoid the headaches caused by other users sharing your line, then our offer of a fully managed solution from planning and installation to on-going support might be the best choice for you. Having a leased line means never having to deal with network slowdowns due to other users because there are no other users. You enjoy all the benefits of a permanently connected, uncontested service delivered straight to your premises. Your speeds will never fluctuate and bandwidth speeds can be tailored to meet the demands of your business as it expands
- Reliability: our leased line solutions are backed up by 99.99% up-time service level agreements (SLAs)
- Speed: leased lines offer a much faster alternative to FTTC or EFM with symmetrical data bandwidths of up to 1GB up and down
- Contention: leased lines are not contended (shared) offering a one to one connection unlike ADSL or FTTC
- Flexibility: leased Lines can be used for any application that uses the Internet, including Voice over IP (VOIP), File transfers (FTP), Streaming video, Cloud Computing, and Online Backups
- Support: leased Lines are a fully managed service including router and 24/7 monitoring.
- Unlimited Data Usage: ideal for data intensive applications such as streaming and web hosting
We provide them all, at the fastest speeds available to your location, at the best prices possible… and with everything we provide on one invoice; your accountants will love it as well.
Read more about our Leased Line services here...