What is your company’s biggest security concern?
To some, it’s on-site theft or the risk of break-in and the inevitable business disruption and management cost that follows. The mere presence of CCTV can successfully deter would be opportunists and intruders while recorded footage can help to identify a crime and cast light on the perpetrator.
Door entry systems, whether coded buttons or remotely controlled via the phone system, offer peace of mind where safety, privacy and security are concerned and will prevent unwanted visitors to your premises, but they won’t prevent them from accessing to your computer system.
You need a firewall?
A firewall is a network security device, software or hardware, that monitors incoming and outgoing network traffic and decides whether to allow or block specific traffic based on a defined set of security rules that we can setup and manage based on your requirements, establishing a protective barrier between your trusted internal network and untrusted outside networks, such as the Internet.
To others it’s the fear of losing their business essential data, records built up over many years that just couldn’t be replaced should they be hacked, stolen or hijacked by malware or any one of the thousands of viruses, in all their forms.
- AV-Test is one of the most renowned test institutes for Anti-Malware products and it houses one of the biggest malware collections worldwide. In the first quarter of 2017 they counted 1,852,945 new malware specimens – that’s 850 every hour – which is an increase of 10.0% above the average of 2016.
- More than 4000 ransomware attacks occurred every day in 2016 and between January and September 2016 ransomware attacks on business increased to once every 40 seconds according to Kaspersky. Global ransomware damage costs were $325 million in 2015. That is expected to rise to £5 billion in 2017
- Having a robust anti-virus solution in place is vital but, by definition, even todays best anti-virus technology can only play catch up and counter viruses that have already been created. Having a support company that can provide fast and effective service to minimise damage and save valuable data could be invaluable, that is where we can help.
For many of our clients we carry out Penetrating Testing, which is where we look for vulnerabilities within their system and software, effectively trying to hack into it. We can then plug those gaps to further protect our client’s property and integrity.
To many it is the fear of losing credibility. In 2016, 92% of the 62m UK population were Internet users and UK online retail sales reached £133bn, an increase of £18bn over 2015. It is expected that the final results for 2017 will show similar or even increased growth, creating huge potential for e-commerce businesses. But what if their customers had their credit card details stolen during their transaction… the Internet can also be a very unforgiving place!
Any computer, smartphone, tablet etc in between you and the server can be used to see your credit card numbers, usernames, passwords and other sensitive information if it is not encrypted with an SSL certificate. When an SSL certificate is used, the information becomes unreadable to everyone except for the server you are sending the information to.
We provide those too.
And then there is email.
82% of businesses use it for marketing. Probably because email marketing has an ROI of 3800% and an average order value of an email is at least three times higher than that of a social media. How popular is the business that sends infected emails that spread viruses? It’s fair to say that trust and integrity may be challenged. Consider for a moment the havoc that a virus could cause on your system;
- Lost productivity
- vital / irreplaceable data loss
- business-wide system compromise
- email suspended
- loss of business and management action in terms of hard cash
Our managed solutions automatically manage your anti-virus updates and constantly monitor your email system to help protect you from the estimated 7 million active viruses in all their forms and the increasing problem of Spam.
Whatever your security concerns, talk to us. Even if we can’t help, we probably have a partner that can.